This page has moved to a new address.

Great Idea!!!

The Hungry Runner Girl: Great Idea!!!

This page has moved to a new address.

Great Idea!!!

The Hungry Runner Girl: Great Idea!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Great Idea!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Runner Girl: Great Idea!!!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Great Idea!!!

Check out my interview at Jodi's blog...I just love her!

Hello my lovelies!! I had the bestest idea yet.... once again it is selfish but I think you will be benefited too.

I would LOVE it if you emailed me (janaejacobs22@gmail.com) a picture of your favorite snack and an explanation of what it is or where to buy it!

This could be your morning snack, afternoon snack, midnight snack, post work-out snack or food that you eat because you lost your job or broke up with a boyfriend snack....

Next Wednesday I am going to do a post with all of your lovely snack ideas and a link to your website/blog. (No worries if you don't have a blog...still send in your pic)

I can't wait to get some NEW ideas from my fitness and health idols out there!!

If you have more than one favorite snack, email all of them.

My snack today:)

IMG_2000.jpg

Plain yogurt, apple, banana and cinnamon.  5 trillion times better than the McDonald's parfait that I had on Sunday.  It is just missing a little granola.

In case you were wondering my index finger is long enough to scrape out all of the yogurt deliciousness from the bottom but not at the expense of getting yogurt remnants all over my hand and then my face.

Workout:

50 minutes on the stair master, level 17.  Pretty sure I broke the darn thing..... large amounts of sweat and machinery do not mix well.

40 minutes elliptical watching Saved by the Bell.  The one where Screech sells Betty Crockers red sauce and calls it his own. So Funny.

5 minutes abs

Does dealing with at least 10 different crying and hormonal teenagers count as a work-out? Because I was sweating by the end of that.

Go on over to Julie's blog for BONDI BAND giveaway!! Wahoo!!

 

What is your favorite ab strengthening move, I need change?

You in for sending me a picture of your favorite snack or what??

20 Comments:

At November 11, 2010 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Running Ricig said...

definitely in! I'm sending you a pick now!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Keri said...

You did 15 minutes at level 17?! You are a machine! Thanks for the tip about the clip in shoes. I'm definitely going to look into it. And love your snack idea! I will send you one too :)

 
At November 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

I teach a core class so I have a few favorite ab exercises. The first one is a push up to plank. You get in push up position and then starting with your left arm, move onto your forearm and do the same on the right side so you're now in a plank. Pop back up onto your hands (one hand at a time) in push up position. Do 20 total; do 10 starting with your left arm and then 10 starting with your right. These are hard! Your arms/back might also be sore the next day. The other exercise you start in a push up position again but this time lift your left leg off the ground and bring your knee in to your right elbow (opposite knee to elbow). Do 10-15 on each side.

 
At November 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Jodi H said...

Ahh, love you too Janae! I will have to take a picture of my favorite snack soon. I am thinking the oreo covered caramel apple doesn't count as healthy. LOL. Although it is delicious and pretty. Hmm maybe I should send it. Don't worry it is a sometimes snack! I will send the healthier one eventually too!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Serious snack pictures coming your way, what a great idea! You seem to be on an awesome XT kick. Any advice for those of us who can't bend our knee?

 
At November 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, seems silly but pushups = the best ab workout ever.. remember all those I did the other day? My abs still hurt. I'm not joking. I'm seriously so sore.

I will take a picture of a snack soon for you!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Sue G. said...

your parfait looks so good I will keep it in mind when I want something sweet and good for me!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM , Blogger racing dawn said...

well i think you saw my post the other day about the tri bosu push-ups - those definitely inflict some damage on the abs! and since we're in bosu mode, try jenny's push-ups on a bosu, anytime you add those bosu's in it just times everything by 10. love it! i'll work on getting a pic of a snack over to you...let me get through my marathon this weekend first! :)

 
At November 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Nathan said...

Great interview! I love how you got started with running :)

Will work on sending you a snack photo :) too many to choose from!!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments went to my spam! I wonder why. I am having the same problem w/ comments I leave on other blogs. In fact, chances are this comment may end up as spam knowing my luck today. Anyway, my jacket was last year's F21 and the boots I JUST got at tarjay!

50 minutes at 17?!? damn girrrrl.. you are hardcore!

I will have to root around for some snack photos--fun idea :)

 
At November 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Amber said...

I think you may seriously be onto something! That looks so good!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Karyn said...

Ilove the idea and will take a picture tomorrow...

 
At November 11, 2010 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Love the interview! Great to know a little more about you! 50 MINUTES at 17!! I am feeling like a serious wuss right now-ha!! I will definitely have to put some thought into this snack photo! I'm thinking perhaps I should NOT post the snack I am eating right now....I haven't broken up with my husband OR lost my job but I'm still eating it...

 
At November 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

level 17?? Youre hard core, thats amazing! I like doing speed intervals on that thing. hehe. I'll send you my snack, its good to me at least.

 
At November 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM , Blogger Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

hey, this IS a great idea! Will email you tomorrow =)

 
At November 12, 2010 at 5:06 AM , Blogger LindseyAnn said...

Here's a fun core workout: http://www.mytrainerbob.com/all-videos/categories/deconstructing/bob-harpers-inside-out-method-core-challenge

And I'm definitely going to send some snack photos--I just need to figure out how to shoot it with PhotoBooth and not get food everywhere!!
(That parfait looks fantastic, BTW!!)

 
At November 12, 2010 at 6:38 AM , Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

my snacks are too much of a mess to make a pretty picture usually :) I'm not as good as you!

my fab ab workout is actually Turbo Jam, but I don't do it very often any more...glad you reminded me now I will

 
At November 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav ab workout is weighted ball crunches!

And my snack pics have been sent! yum! :)

 
At November 12, 2010 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Tina @GottaRunNow said...

One ab exercise I like is the plank while resting my elbows on a swiss ball because it's not complicated and I usually do those exercises very early in the morning before my brain is wide awake!

Great interview - you are speedy!

 
At January 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Pixie said...

Loved your interview and positivity. You are very inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home