This page has moved to a new address.

Awkward

The Hungry Runner Girl: Awkward

This page has moved to a new address.

Awkward

The Hungry Runner Girl: Awkward

This Page

has been moved to new address

Awkward

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Runner Girl: Awkward

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Awkward

Why do I feel like my first post has to be something like a first date.  It feels awkward explaining why I want to blog and who I am.  Just like a first date it feels forced and superficial.  I would rather you get to know me over time before I put out... I mean open up.  Like my first date with my husband I would rather just share a random/only funny to me story.  Saturday I took an ice bath after a long run.  I will be the first to admit I am scared when I am by myself.  After all I do live in the ghetto's of Provo, Utah.  Ten minutes into my episode of Gilmore Girls (Don't tell Billy my computer was near the bath tub) I heard someone pounding on the door.  Freaked out, maybe I should stop watching criminal minds, I jumped out and opened the door with my towel on. My downstairs neighbor was yelling frantically that all of the water was coming through their ceiling.  The plumber hasn't come yet.  It has been four days since I have showered.  TMI for a first date?

IMG_1199.JPG

Not an awkward date just an awkward picture at the Bellagio Buffet.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At October 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Muncher Cruncher said...

Oh my GOSH I freaking love you...this is the best thing that happened to my day.

 
At October 24, 2010 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Leslee said...

I am SO excited about this new little blog of yours!! I miss you, seriously! So I convinced my husband that we needed a spin bike because our gym doesn't have any and he gave in. As I spin away in our living room I try to remember everything you taught me:)

 
At November 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger LindsLovesMiles said...

Hi Janae-
I just found your blog when I read a comment on PBfingers from you! I love your blog and your marathon times are SO good!!

 
At November 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger dawn @ running the dawn said...

ok, so i'm catching up...seriously we're twins. every time i take an ice bath my computer is proped on the toilet so that i can watch a tv show to keep my mind off what is happening to my lower half. currently it's been dvds of friends...but sometimes its criminal minds. are you freaked out yet? seriously, love your blog! and you're adorable!

 
At November 3, 2010 at 8:18 PM , Blogger dawn @ running the dawn said...

oh yeah, and my hubby gives me all kinds of lectures about taking better care of my macbook.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Hey love your blog. I just started one as well.

If you're interested we can stalk one another!

http://philadelphiaphitnesspharmacy.blogspot.com/

- Shannon

 
At November 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

Can't believe you just started this! I love it! Ha... I just read from the beginning Nov.28 to here... obviously you got my attention.

 
At February 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM , Anonymous Allison @ Happy Tales said...

I just found your blog... and I LOVE IT!!! I am a huge runner too and am training for my first marathon (obviously not as a big of a runner as you, though!) I feel like I can really relate to you!! Can't wait to read even more :)

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your post made me smile! :)

 
At February 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I went to your "favorite posts" and read this...and this may be self explanatory..but was this your first post? Because I literally wrote about it being like a first date on mine, too. That is so funny.

And if so, I also didn't know that you have been blogging since October! I would have guessed longer!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janae, I miss you, heck, we all miss you! That dang treadmill at your home is keeping you away from the gym in the early morning hours. We never get to see you!!! Stephanie told me about your blog, I LOVE IT!!! You are so darling, can't wait to see you - someday!
Luv ya, Susan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home